Today, Michael Best Strategies is announcing a new state and federal effort to advocate for clients aiming to help public schools, private schools, parents, and community organizations improve the education of American schoolchildren.
The team, led by firm President Rob Marchant, consists of education policy experts and lobbyists from around the country, including:
- Nick Paradiso, former Chief of Advocacy and Business Relations for National Heritage Academies
- Dan Forest, former Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina
- Jim Bender, former President of School Choice Wisconsin
- Bill McCoshen, former Commerce Secretary and education policy expert in Wisconsin
- Sarah Helton, veteran federal education policy lobbyist with Michael Best DC
This core team will be supported by boots-on-the-ground lobbyists in each state in which Michael Best Strategies is engaged. This multi-state and federal initiative is focused on ensuring that policies at the state and federal level are optimized for the educational achievement of K-12 schoolchildren, regardless of where they receive their education. The firm has a particular expertise in representing education technology companies who partner with schools and parents to support achievement.
“Children lost ground over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Marchant. “As advocates for sound education policy, effective use of technology and innovation, and supporters of schools and parents, we can help clients bring quality solutions forward across the states and in DC.”