Andrew A. Hitt
Andrew currently serves as the Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, serving as the leader and spokesman of the party. Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Andrew served in former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s administration as his deputy legal counsel, senior advisor, and as a member of the governor’s cabinet at the Department of Health Services and Department of Administration. Before serving in the Walker administration, he was an assistant district attorney in the Violent Crimes Unit of the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office. After law school, Andrew served as the law clerk to the Honorable Justice Annette K. Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Andrew served on the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Board of Directors from October 2013 until June of 2019. He served
on the Finance and Executive Compensation Committees. Additionally, Hitt served on the Unity Point Health Meriter Hospital Board of Directors as the UW-Health representative.
Andrew’s Expertise: Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Strategic Communications, Crisis Communications, and Grassroots, Grasstops Advocacy Campaigns
Andrew’s advice and guidance on challenging, multidimensional issues is informed by his deep understanding of both the public and private sectors. An experienced professional who has served in key leadership positions in both the state government and in the private sector, Andrew leverages his knowledge and understanding of communications, strategic planning, relationship management, and public policy to achieve his clients’ goals.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Senior Counsel, Michael Best & Friedrich (affiliated with Michael Best Strategies)
- Director, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics
- Director of Operations, ElderSpan Management
- Chairman, Governor Walker’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor
- George Washington University, Master of Business Administration – Healthcare Emphasis
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Science – Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- 2008 Richland Center High School Outstanding Alumnus of the Year, Class of 1996