Andrew has served in key leadership positions in both state government and in the private sector throughout his career leveraging his knowledge and understanding of communications, strategic planning, relationship management, and public policy to achieve his client’s goals. He is the past Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin serving as the leader and spokesman of the party. Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Andrew served in Governor Scott Walker’s administration as his deputy legal counsel, senior advisor, and as a member of the governor’s cabinet at the Department of Health Services and Department of Administration. He served as the Director of Operations Elderspan Management, which served over 500 patients across more than 10 facilities in Wisconsin. Prior to serving in the Walker administration, he was an assistant district attorney in the Violent Crimes Unit of the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office. After law school, Andrew served as the law clerk to the Honorable Justice Annette K. Ziegler of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Andrew’s Expertise: Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Strategic Communications, and Crisis Communications
Andrew served on the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics Board of Directors from October 2013 until June of 2019. He served on the Finance and Executive Compensation Committees.
Additionally, Hitt served on the Unity Point Health Meriter Hospital Board of Directors as the UW-Health representative. Andrew’s advice and guidance on challenging, multidimensional issues is informed by his deep understanding of both the public and private sector.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Senior Counsel, Michael Best & Friedrich (affiliated with Michael Best Strategies)
- Former Director, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics
- Former Chairman, Governor Walker’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor
- George Washington University, Master of Business Administration – Healthcare Emphasis
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Science – Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- 2008 Richland Center High School Outstanding Alumnus of the Year, Class of 1996
- Board of Directors, Access Community Health Center
- Former Board Member, United Way of Fox Cities
- Former Board Member, Veterans Affairs Kids Center
- Former Board Member, Wisconsin Veterans Museum Foundation
Andrew’s affiliations during his professional career: