Char brings more than 30 years of practical business experience to her role at Michael Best Strategies (Strategies). She also holds a Ph.D. and is well versed on the topics of integrative health, patient engagement, motivation, and long-term behavior change. Utilizing both of these very different skill sets, Char helps healthcare start-ups and disruptors bring their products to market via Strategies’ unique market validation process.
Charlene’s Expertise: Integrative Health, Patient Engagement, Behavior Change and Coaching, Research Insights and Analysis, and Marketing (Go To Market and Strategy)
Before joining Strategies, Char was a consultant partnering with healthcare and high tech businesses to gather key stakeholder insights and turn them into strategic revenue-generating programs. She has expertise in research, analytics, consumer behavior, and engagement. Earlier in her career, Char held a number of leadership roles in marketing and strategic growth planning, including serving as a Chief Marketing Officer.
During her Ph.D. years, Char co-spoke nationally on the topics of motivation, integrative health coaching, and wellness programming. Her dissertation topic looked at how a Type II Diabetes patient population was able to successfully create change in the long term.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Nearly 30 years’ experience in marketing leadership and lead generation roles
- 20+ years leading and advising start-ups on growth strategy and initiatives
- Saybrook University, Doctor of Philosophy – Mind-Body Medicine & Healthcare Systems
- Duke University, Master of Business Administration
- Texas Tech University, Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance