Evan Zeppos, APR
Principal and Senior Public Affairs Advisor
Prior to joining Michael Best Strategies, Evan was the founder and owner of Zeppos & Associates, a top-rated, Milwaukee-based public relations and government affairs firm, before selling it to a local digital marketing and advertising firm in 2012. He served as executive vice president of public relations at that firm and headed its public relations department for five years before joining Strategies.
Evan’s Expertise: Public Affairs, Crisis Communications, and Public Relations
Evan also previously worked for two Wisconsin governors and several members of Congress on Capitol Hill, including the House Leadership, and was Wisconsin’s deputy commissioner of banking.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Evan has substantial experience in strategic media relations, media training, and publicity campaigns. He also has considerable experience in issue management, litigation support, and community relations. His work has ranged from infrastructure projects and real estate development to leadership changes and data breaches.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Arts – Journalism & Mass Communications
- National Silver Anvil, for work related to a major real estate development project, Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Numerous awards from the local PRSA chapter and other organizations for various public affairs, public relations, and crisis communications assignments, including Best of Show on multiple occasions.
- Volunteer, Greek Fest
- Former Chairman, Gyro Tent at Greek Fest
- Member, American Hellenic Institute
- Member, National PRSA’s Counselors Academy
Evan’s affiliations during his professional career: