Jeffrey has more than 30 years of professional experience in public relations, public affairs, and marketing campaigns in both the public and private sectors, specializing in the healthcare, financial services, professional services, real estate, and construction industries. He teaches clients how what they say and do is just one element of many that combine to create the public image of a company.
Jeffrey’s Expertise: Strategic Communications, Public Affairs, Public Relations, Crisis Communications, and Strategic Planning
Before bringing his substantial expertise to Michael Best Strategies, Jeffrey was President and CEO of Bottom Line Marketing and Public Relations, a firm he founded to help clients reach their business objectives through strategic marketing services, including strategic planning, competitive intelligence, market research, issues management and crisis communication. Jeffrey earned a solid reputation for delivering measurable results, and built a deep network of contacts he is able to leverage for Strategies clients.
Jeffrey previously served as Vice President of Public and Governmental Affairs for one of the largest independent public relations firms in the Midwest. He also was the chief lobbyist for the state’s third-largest bank holding company.
In the public sector, Jeffrey was Chief of Staff to the Wisconsin Assembly Speaker, and Press Secretary and Chief of Staff for two Majority Leaders in the Assembly. Prior to his work in the state legislature, he served as Deputy Press Secretary for two Wisconsin governors.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Early in his career, Jeffrey worked as a newspaper reporter and columnist for The Milwaukee Journal, The Daily Reporter, and The Madison Press Connection, and as a correspondent for several national newspapers.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Science – Journalism and Public Relations
- Former President, Milwaukee Rotary Club
- Trustee Emeritus, Public Policy Forum
Jeffrey’s affiliations during his professional career:
- American College of Healthcare Executives, Member
- Public Relations Society of America, Member