Partner and former Humana & Anthem executive Kristine Seymour leads the Michael Best Strategies’ Healthcare Innovation Group. She works with start-ups and innovative healthcare clients to find a pathway to revenue, build revenue, optimize business strategy, and navigate the complex healthcare ecosystem.
Kristine’s Expertise: Healthcare Market Development, Business Growth Strategy, Sales & Distribution, and Healthcare Start-ups and Innovation
Regardless of the company’s maturity, Seymour can assist in accelerating the path to market. With her understanding of the buyer’s perspective and focus on strategic connections and ROI-driven tactics, Kristine helps clients achieve their objectives. She has experience working with state and federal healthcare programs to facilitate innovation and cost containment in the public sector through high-value healthcare programs. She has established partnerships with over 100 organizations, including Fortune 100 companies, national insurance companies, and several sizeable integrated hospital systems across the country. Additionally, Kristine’s background in the payer, provider, and integrated health system arenas allows her to differentiate her client’s products and services in a highly competitive marketplace.
Kristine was previously the regional vice president of market development in Humana’s commercial markets overseeing the strategy for employer group [trend management], Group Medicare Advantage [compliance and Stars], wellness, and specialty benefit offerings in the Midwest.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Executive Vice President of the Employee Benefits Group at Milwaukee insurance consultant, Willis, formerly HRH, and Frank F. Haack & Associates.
- Led sales, operations, underwriting, product development, and compliance for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin.
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Marquette University, Bachelor of Arts – Communication
- Milwaukee Business Journal – Women of Influence
- Board of Directors, Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin
- Member, Strategic Planning Council for New Berlin Public Schools
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement
- Mentor, Entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and New Berlin School District
- Co-Chair, American Heart Ball for the American Heart Association