Partner and former Humana executive Kristine Seymour leads the Michael Best Strategies’ Healthcare and Innovation Group, working with start-ups and early-stage healthcare clients to build revenue, optimize business strategy, and navigate the complex healthcare ecosystem. With an understanding of the buyer’s perspective and a focus on strategic connections and ROI-driven tactics, Kristine helps clients achieve their objectives. She has experience working with state and federal healthcare programs to facilitate innovation and cost containment in the public sector through high-value healthcare programs and has established partnerships with over 100 organizations, including Fortune 100 companies, national insurance companies, and several large integrated hospital systems across the country. Additionally, Kristine’s background in the payer, provider, and integrated health system arenas allows her to help clients differentiate their products and services in a highly competitive marketplace.
Kristine’s Expertise: Healthcare Market Development, Business Growth Strategy, Sales & Distribution, and Healthcare Start-ups and Innovation
Kristine was previously the regional vice president of market development in Humana’s commercial markets overseeing the strategy for employer group, wellness, and specialty benefit offerings in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Executive Vice President of the Employee Benefit Group at Milwaukee insurance consultant, Willis, formerly HRH and Frank F. Haack & Associates.
- Led sales, operations, underwriting, product development, and compliance for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin.
- Marquette University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- Marquette University, Bachelor of Arts – Communication
- Milwaukee Business Journal – Women of Influence
- Board of Directors, Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin
- Member, Strategic Planning Council for New Berlin Public Schools
- Board of Directors, Junior Achievement
- Mentor, Entrepreneurship, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and New Berlin School District