With 12 years as an elected State Representative of the 84th District in the Wisconsin State Assembly, Michael has the expertise to support environmental, agricultural, and energy-related initiatives. Michael leverages his significant experience as a subject matter expert in the energy and utilities industry to advocate for pro-business policies and strategic, economic opportunities.
As a leader in the private sector with profit and loss responsibilities for the sales and service industries, Michael managed new product introduction, market research, and key account growth in consumer products, retail, and the business-to-business market. Michael has a proven track record of leading revenue growth and delivering bottom-line profitability by understanding market trends. He is dedicated to developing and implementing strategic plans to advance organizational missions and goals, while building relationships to effectively communicate on all levels within an organization.
Michael’s Expertise: Strategy, Government Relations, Public Affairs, Policy Advocacy, and Stakeholder Engagement
Prior to joining Strategies, Michael served in numerous leadership roles. He led Motion Fitness and Racquet Club, the largest health club in the State of Wisconsin, as the General Manager and partner. He was instrumental in growing the new business to profitability through membership growth, new revenue development, and cost control strategies. Michael developed and initiated departmental profit center responsibilities through the mentorship of the directors, resulting in increased revenues and overall profitability which led to the acquisition by the Princeton Club chain of health clubs based in Madison, WI. Michael continued in a leadership role with the Princeton Club as an advisor and mentor.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
Earlier in his career, Michael was President and Principal for Kuglitsch’s Entertainment Center, a multi-faceted sports, eatery, and entertainment complex, where he developed and executed a new brand and image plan to target a young customer base and add value to the business to facilitate a profitable sale. Michael was also a Wholesale and Distribution Specialist for a computer manufacturer and software developer and assisted with marketing wholesale and distribution solutions.
- University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Renew Wisconsin, Energy Leadership Award, 2020
- Wisconsin Electric Co-op Legislator of the Year, 2015 and 2020
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Chamber of Commerce Award, 2013-2020
- WMC Legislator of the Year, 2012-2020
- Wisconsin Wildlife Federation, Legislator of the Year, 2015
- The Council of State Government, BILLD Leadership Fellow, 2012
- Wisconsin Outstanding Restaurateur of the Year (OROY), 1996-1997
- National Bowling Membership Service Industry Team, 1997-1998
- Board of Directors; President (Milwaukee Chapter), Wisconsin Restaurant Association, 1996-1997
- Chairperson – Budget & Finance; Board of Directors; President, Bowling Proprietors Association, 1994-1995
- President, New Berlin Chamber of Commerce, 1990-1992