As a Partner with Michael Best Strategies (Strategies), Tami assists businesses and organizations with government relations and federal policy matters. She has significant expertise in the areas of agriculture, food, nutrition, energy, and the environment. Tami leverages her 25 years of experience and the network she has developed to offer clients critical insights and actionable advice to help them deliver value for their shareholders and society.
Tami’s Expertise: Food & Beverage, Energy & Environment, Government Relations, Legislative Process, Political Giving, Political Advocacy, and Strategic Communications
Tami has spent more than two decades advising Fortune 500 companies, developing deep policy expertise on a range of issues. She joined Michael Best Strategies from Waste Management, where she led the federal legislative and political function in Washington, D.C. Previously, Tami held corporate leadership positions in government and public affairs at Kraft Foods, Coca-Cola, and DuPont Company.
A dedicated community leader, she serves on the US-Italy Council and as a Board Member for organizations including The American Council of Young Political Leaders and Bowie State University, the Maryland Center. Additionally, she is an Advisory Board Member for the Girl Scouts, serves on the Advisory Council for 131 & Counting, and is a life member of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. In 2020, Tami was elected to the Board of Trustees of Stillman College.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Senior Advisor – New America
- Senior Director of Corporate and Federal Government Affairs – Kraft Foods Group
- Director of Federal and State Government Relations – The Coca-Cola Company
- Senior Manager of Government Affairs – The DuPont Company
- Director of Legislative Affairs and Advocacy Programs – The American Cancer Society
- Clark Atlanta University, Master of Public Administration
- Hampton University, Bachelor of Science – Business and Political Science
- Board Member, American Council of Young Political Leaders
- Board Member, National Waste & Recycling Association, Political Action Committee 2019-2020
- Advisory Council Member, 131 & Counting
- Member, Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- Co-Chair, Women’s Congressional Policy Institute