Becky Miller Updike
Becky helps companies advance their business interests through strategic communications, advocacy, and building relationships with government and industry leaders. With 25 years of public policy advocacy experience, Becky has the knowledge and connections to help clients get results. She has substantial experience advising businesses on organizational strategy and developing and deploying strategic initiatives. Becky also brings a cultivated approach to public and media relations, stakeholder engagement, and consensus building to help clients influence positive outcomes.
Becky currently serves as contract Executive Director of Colorado Association of Family & Children’s Agencies (CAFCA), providing advocacy, strategy and association management. Becky also serves as Government and Community Affairs Liaison for Fostering Colorado.
Becky’s Expertise: Strategic Communications, Public Policy Advocacy, Public Affairs, and Consensus
Before joining Strategies, Becky served as Executive Director of the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center where she oversaw organizational strategy, drove community engagement efforts, and advocated for public policy reform. Earlier in her career, Becky founded a government relations consultancy that specialized in health, education, and community initiatives and policy reform.
ADDITIONAL KEY EXPERIENCE
- Vice President of Child and Family Services, Lutheran Family Services Rocky Mountains
- Ombudsman, Office of Colorado Child Protection Ombudsman
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Denver
- Director of Strategic Initiatives, Tennyson Center for Children at Colorado Christian Home
- Executive Director, Colorado Judicial Institute
- Director of External Affairs, Colorado Care Management
- Government Affairs Liaison, Indiana Health Care Association
- Finance Director, Indiana House Democratic Caucus
- University of Denver, Doctor of Philosophy – Child and Family Leadership
- University of Denver, Master of Arts – Child and Family Studies
- Indiana University Bloomington, Bachelor of Science – Early Childhood Education
- Denver Business Journal Outstanding Woman in Business Top 3 Finalist, 2012 and 2010
Becky’s affiliations during her professional career:
- Colorado Children’s Alliance, Board of Directors
- Delivery of Child Welfare Services Task Force, Appointee
- Board of Directors, Cobbled Stones (Board Secretary)
- Member, Child Welfare League of America (CWLA)
- Member, National Organization of State Associations for Children (NOSAC)